INDIA’s MOST-TRUSTED BRANDS
Source: Brand Trust Report, India Study (BTR) – 2013
Six state-based brands – Amul, Vadilal, Nirma, Rasna, GIPC and GSFC – have topped their respective categories in recently-unveiled ‘Brand Trust Report, India Study (BTR) – 2013’.
BTR – 2013 was published by Trust Research Advisory, which is a leading research organisation dedicated to understanding and simplifying concepts related to the trust. BTR – 2013 lists 1,100 most trusted brands in 211 categories from among 19,000 unique brands generated in the study.
As per the report, Amul is India’s most trusted food and beverage (F&B) brand among 123 candidates in the category, jumping 56 positions to the zenith. Amul is also 22nd in the most-trusted brand across all categories. Nokia, meanwhile, is the brand people have rested most faith in.
Nirma has displaced Hindustan Lever to become India’s most-trusted consumer product manufacturer this year. India’s second largest ice-cream manufacturer, Vadilal Industries Ltd, leads the dessert’s category. Baskin-Robbins and Kwality Wall’s India are ranked second and third respectively.
Gujarat has a deep and long tradition of business, and business is trust incarnate – believes N Chandramouli, CEO of Trust Research Advisory. “With them being the category toppers, it shows how Gujarat’s brands have now begun to pervade national consciousness,” says Chandramouli.
“Gujarat is a state everyone looks up to – not just for governance or quality or life, but also for quality of brands that emerge from here. This is a high point of the evolutionary cycle in terms of perception,” he added.
Among other companies and categories, Rasna is India’s most-trusted powdered drink trouncing Glucon-D and Tang.
The state-owned Gujarat Industrial Power Company (GIPC) is the most-trusted infrastructure company, followed by National Thermal Power Company (NTPC) and Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT). Gujarat State Fertilizer Company (GSFC) is the sixth brand from Gujarat which is the most-trusted brand in fertilizer category.
- Damsels in distress? Dial 1091 for emergency aid
- Parallel ideologies to a singular goal
- 54-yr-old Amdavadi runner eyes Limca record
- Three Delhi police teams hounding 40 bookies in Gujarat
- Woman demands Rs10 lakh from old mother
- 2,200 kg carbide-ripened mangoes destroyed
- Bet on it. Your mango is ripened using carbide
- BRTS drives realty rates up 50% on Iskcon-Bopal stretch
- Jail tunnel was a product of meticulous planning
- Is virus detected in Asiatic Lion deadly enough?
INDIA’s MOST-TRUSTED BRANDS
- 'Slimmer' Aishwarya Rai is back at Cannes, daughter Aaradhya in hand - 16 hours ago
- IPL spot-fixing: Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against players, BCCI awaits inquiry report - 15 hours ago
- Ajit Chandila bought denims worth Rs 2.5 lakh - 16 hours ago
- It's time for the BJP to say 'Modi for PM' - 16 hours ago
- Moon meteor blast 'visible to naked eye on Earth', says NASA - 9 hours ago
- While shooting, I didn't think Ranbir Kapoor is my ex-boyfriend: Deepika Padukone - 18 hours ago
- IPL 6: Delhi Daredevils lose by 38 runs to Pune Warriors, finish last - 11 hours ago
- Google I/O 2013: Things you should know - 18 hours ago
- IPL 6: Hyderabad qualify for IPL play-offs, knock Bangalore out - 7 hours ago
- 'Suffocating' Sanjay Dutt will not file plea to change cell - 19 hours ago